Each year, Level offers a set of Summer Research Fellowships, which focus on different questions concerning issues around gender equity in Australian medicine. Our Research Fellows spend 1-2 months over summer each year compiling Australian-centred research on their questions and clarifying Level’s policy and advocacy stance on these issues.
2017/2018 Fellowship Topics
The 2017/2018 Fellowship topics include:
- Mental health of female doctors (by Victor Khou)
- Supporting junior doctors (by Stephanie Nesbit)
- Barriers to women in surgery
- Gender-diverse persons in medicine (Imogen Janus, Meredith Grey, Selene Papanasatasiou )
- Parental leave legislation and its impact on junior doctor contracts
2016/2017 Fellowship Topics
We’re happy to announce that our 2016/2017 Fellowships are now completed. You can see the amazing work of our fellows under our Resources page, and also linked below.
- Gendered specialisation in Australian medicine (by Nicole Seebacher)
- Parental leave for doctors in Australia (by Emily Dunn)
- The gender pay gap in Australian medicine (by Grace Fitzgerald)